Image Map

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Comparing Native American Tribes- Updated!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know that I have updated my Comparing Native American Tribes!  If you have purchased it in the past and cannot download the updated version, please let me know and I will be more than happy to send it to you!

I realized that not every class studies the same tribes we do.  So I have now included: the Navajo, Pueblo, Apache, and Cherokee tribes.  I've also included a page that is blank at the top so you can write in whatever tribes you study.

Click HERE to check it out! Or click on the picture below!


Here is an example of what is included on each page...

My second graders always love when we do our Native American unit.  They have so much fun learning about the tribes.  I always assign a tribe to each table group.  The students then learn all about their tribe, build an example of one of the houses their tribe lives in, decorate a cut out person to look like a tribe member, and etc.  They also do a poster that is divided into the sections found on the worksheet above.  Students will then share about their tribe and the class completes the worksheet as they learn all about each tribe from their classmates.  They love it!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! My kiddos love learning about stuff like this :)

    If you have time, stop by my blog and check out my huge giveaway with lots of freebies!

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    The Fabulous First Grade

    ReplyDelete