Thank you to the Reinspired Teacher for nominating me for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our blogs.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
Here are 11 random things about me:
1. I love to paint furniture fun colors and photography!
2. I am terrified of flying but have flown a couple times a year since I was 1.
3. I love miniature goats and owned a few of them. I would love to get more :).
4. My family is Basque.
5. I have always wanted an alpaca.
6. I have always wanted to meet Bob Ross and was devastated when I found out he died a while ago. Now the top person on my list of people to meet is Si Robertson from Duck Commander.
7. I enjoy hunting and fishing with my husband.
8. Until a couple years ago, I thought the start of the national anthem was "Jose can you see."
9. Since I was young I wanted a Yorkie named Paisley. Two years ago we finally got a Yorkie... and her name is Paisley. :)
10. I have always wanted to swim with dolphins.
11. I want to write a children's book about silly little goats and all the mischief they get into.
Here are the answers to the questions posted by the Reinspired Teacher:
1. What is something you've always wanted to do but haven't tried yet?
Write a children's book and swim with dolphins.
2. If you couldn't be a teacher, what would you choose for your career?
3. What was your very first job?
I worked at a pizza place called Happy Joes where I was a waitress and had to honk a horn and sing happy birthday to kids.
4. What was the last book you read (personally, not for your class or children)?
One of Chelsea Handler's books.
5. What is your favorite animal?
I have two: goats and alpacas.
6. How long have you been blogging?
I just started blogging in September of this year (2012).
7. What is your favorite tv show?
FRIENDS... I can recite every episode :).
8. What is one item you can't live without?
My husband... does that count as an item?
9. What is your favorite food?
Ice cream and my dad's mashed potatoes... not together.
10. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
11. Do you play games on the computer? if so, what is your favorite?
I play games on my iPad, not really on my computer. I love to play Phase 10 on my iPad.
Here are my 11 questions for the blogs I nominate:
1. If you could chose one famous person to meet, who would it be and why?
2. What is your favorite smell?
3. Other than your computer, what do you hear right now?
4. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
5. What is the top item on your Christmas list?
6. What do you do most when you are bored?
7. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
8. Do you have pets?
9. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
10. What is your favorite children's book?
11. If you could compete in any Olympic sport, what would it be?
Here are the blogs I'm nominating:
1. Sparkle In Second
2. Teaching In a Small Town
3. The Craft of Teaching
4. The Realistic Teacher
5. Classroom Creations
6. Second Grade Discoveries
7. Literacy Sundae
8. Hippo Hooray for Second Grade
9. Adventures in Second Grade
10. Sparkling in Third Grade
11. Teaching with Laughter
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!